Call Center experience spanning 20+ years
Placement in AbilityOne positions is based upon assessment and referral from Project HIRED staff.
Call Center Telephone Operator
Palo Alto, Fresno, & San Francisco, CA
Vision, Medical, Dental
Bring your talent, passion, experience and commitment to excellent customer service to Project HIRED as a Telephone Operator. Telephone Operator’s answer calls that come into a switchboard at a veteran medical call center environment. The Call Center field calls 24/7, 365-days per year, and are part of the AbilityOne Program (www.abilityone.gov) governed under the Javits-Wagner-O'Day (JWOD) Act.
The Telephone Operator is a part time (the typical shift is 4 - 8 hours/day), nonexempt position reporting to the Site Supervisor.
Note: This position is designated as AbilityOne, and preference will be given to those applicants who have a qualifying disability.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer incoming calls and connect to correct extensions
- Research and find extension for patients and employees
- Assist callers in finding correct location and number to fit their needs
- Communicate with courtesy, accuracy, thoroughness, and helpfulness
- Be available for all shifts, 24 hours/day, 7 days.
- May answer Emergency lines and dispatch appropriate staff (Emergency Response Team, Security, Ambulance, etc.) at some facilities
Desired Qualifications (but will train)
- Effective interpersonal, phone, and customer service skills
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in emergency situations or with agitated individuals
- Communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form
- Previous medical office experience
- Computer skills: MS Office, light typing/keying; filing; office practices
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent